title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error, encoded data not block aligned

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warner
    • Dec 2005

Error, encoded data not block aligned

When converting WAV to WMA files I get an error message saying "encoded data are not block aligned". This only seems to have started since I began converting to WMA 9.1 format. I can't find any defects in the converted files. What does this error mean?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error, encoded data not block aligned

I do not recall having seen this error message before.
    I take it that this error message pops up early in the conversion, that the conversion proceeds OK and that your resulting wma output file sounds OK.
    If that is the case, I would refer you to this article here:

especially the very last section on format exceptions. Basically, this suggests that some programs that create wave files may do so in a way that is not fully compliant with the wav standard. If, however, it can be properly read/played/converted then I don't think you have a problem.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Are you running Wndows XP? DO you have WMP 10?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is a new addition to R11.5, it means that the file is 2 channel (or more) and passed a he last data missing 1 channel of audio data (instead of 2 channels), the file could be corrupted.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• warner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by xoas
          I do not recall having seen this error message before.
          I take it that this error message pops up early in the conversion, that the conversion proceeds OK and that your resulting wma output file sounds OK.
          If that is the case, I would refer you to this article here:

especially the very last section on format exceptions. Basically, this suggests that some programs that create wave files may do so in a way that is not fully compliant with the wav standard. If, however, it can be properly read/played/converted then I don't think you have a problem.

Best wishes,
          Bill
          The error message comes up when conversion has finished. The trouble is that I have been converting up to 8 files at a time and when the message appears it may be repeated up to 3 times. However, there is no clue which file it refers to. I have done a spot check and the files seem ok but I may not have checked the affected file(s).
          Last edited by warner; December 08, 2005, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• warner
            • Dec 2005

Yes, Windows XP and WMP 10. In fact the problem seemed to start when I upgraded to WMP 10 and started converting files to WMA 9.1 format.
            Last edited by warner; December 08, 2005, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• warner
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
              It is a new addition to R11.5, it means that the file is 2 channel (or more) and passed a he last data missing 1 channel of audio data (instead of 2 channels), the file could be corrupted.
              Would it be obvious if the file is corrupted? The message is sometimes repeated several times but with no indication which converted file, or files, it applies to.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Try converting the files separately and see if you get any error, then you'll know.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

My explanationwas quite bad (yesterday), putting it better, it means that a file is ending:

[left][right][left][right][left]

with the last [right] sample missing.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>