title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A workaround for stuck presets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaZmAnXt
    • Dec 2005

A workaround for stuck presets

I have a problem that some people in the forum has: you can't change the presets. I looked all over and there's no fix and no explanation for why this is happening. Well, after tweaking some settings, I have found a workaround.

*It involves editing a registry entry for those who don't want to touch it*

The preset option is here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Illustrate > dBpowerAMP

Look for 'DMCMp3LameQualityPreset' and you can set the value between 0-23, each value represents a preset, for example, 5 is R3mix and 22 is Alt Preset CBR. Look down the list in Advanced Options and count down from 0 (as 0 = No Preset) to your preferred preset.

Unfortunately, the presets can't be changed in Advanced Options, but using the registry you can change them. You can still change the sliders as normal.

Hope this helps.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: A workaround for stuck presets

Is there restrictions on the user account? such as dbpoweramp not being able to write to the registry?

If you change the bitrate (when no preset is selected), does the new bitrate save to the registry?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>