title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

recording vinyl to computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brian10161
    • Jan 2005

recording vinyl to computer

i was wondering if anyone knew of any antipop software that works quite well. im recording some old vinyl :p of my dads and its in the era of 1970 - 1980 so the records are in good shape, just theres hiss and some pops, so i wanted to know of some good software to get rid off it without sacrificing audio quality. minimal is good enough, thanks in advance.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: recording vinyl to computer

This thread has some helpful hints: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ighlight=vinyl

Comment

• petriburg
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

Hello again, Brian! This is an interesting query of yours - it's a subject which I have researched quite a bit for my own use. (I make the occasional bit of pocket money doing Vinyl/CD conversions, and, being a perfectionist, look to getting the cleanest possible result.) Recently, I came across a small application called DePopper. A fully working 30-day trial version is available, and I used it on the last six discs I had for transfer. It certainly works very well indeed - my only criticism is that it's a bit slow. I would certainly recommend you give it a try. If you subsequently decide to purchase it, the price is only $18 USD; fyi, I intend to use the next available cash I can spare to purchase it for myself, so perhaps that's a good testimonial. You'll find full details at http://www.droidinfo.com/software/depopper. Good luck with your project! :smile2:

Tony

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

A program specifically written for transfering vinyl to CD is Waverepair available from http://www.delback.co.uk/wavrep/

It is shareware I'm afraid.

Wayne

Comment

• brian10161
          • Jan 2005

hey guys, thanks a lot for all the replies. i downloaded both programs and checked out that thread, all great pointers and software, thanks so much. also, i intend on backing these up to a dvd and i want to know what would be the best compression to go with, i dont mind makin 2 dvds, one mp3 128kbps and the other i want to keep the original songs, maybe go with FLAC or another Lossless compression so i have the masters. whats your opinion? thanks a lot though! :D

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I would go with lossless to make sure you don't lose any quality, as long as the software will output a WAV file or some other lossless format. If the software will only spit out a lossy format, set it to spit out the highest bitrate lossy file you can, and keep it in that format.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2005

definately have a lossless copy, burn some CDs

im not sure how good audacity would do on the clicks, but it can remove some noise http://audacity.sourceforge.net and its free :D

Comment

• brian10161
                • Jan 2005

im using audacity to record, and iv tried to noise removal , but unfortuneatley it gets rid of some of the music too, especially when its fading out. so im gonna play around with this some more though the week, thanks for the reply though

Comment

Working...

]]>