title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AlbumWrap ID Tags Displaying Wrong Info

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wannaBgeek
    • Nov 2005

AlbumWrap ID Tags Displaying Wrong Info

Hi....
    I use AlbumWrap v1.0 to wrap my cd albums that i share with people that have similar tastes. First off, I must say that i am not actually sure that the prob. I have, lies with the AlbumWrap software or with dBpowerAMPS' tag conversions.
    I Emailed their support team. to no avail.
    The prob. I have is:..........After conversion of X amountof tracks on a album (usuallyto 137 variable bitrate). On wrapping, my tag, will display the last track's
    tag info, as "The Album Name" and the file info given, will be, the last track's time as opposed to complete "Album's Time". I am now, deleting the last track's tag, so as to display the correct album name in the file info at least, (desparation) 'cause, no matter what what i write to AlbumWrap's required info fields, if i do not delete the last track tag, i will end up with a file called by the last track's name, and with the last track's time duration as complete album time.(Ican not delete that however 'cause it's part of the file info and not tag info)
    The wraps i get from other people do not have any of these probs. Only after I convert them they turn bad. When I play them in dB's player, the indicator bar wil slide to the end after the 1st track although the album keeps on playing. if I pause or stop and then resume only the last track will then be played, unlike as before conversion and wrapping. (Frustrating).
    I will value any help I can get TY.
    Platform: Win. 98 SE
    File Syst.:32 bit
    Mem. :256 MB RAM
    Music Converter: Release 11.5
    P Pack & Licence: Yes
    Tag Creation: Smart Ape 2 & IDv1 ( @ Smart Ape)
    ID 3v1 UTF Read:Yes
    Write: No
    Unicode: No
    Write ID3v2 version: V2.3
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: AlbumWrap ID Tags Displaying Wrong Info

So your trying to convert your Album Wrapped mp3s to separate files? I don't believe dMC supports this, as dMC doesn't look for the indicators for where one song ends and the next begins. This might be supported in the next version of dMC, r12, that is about 4-6 months off, as r12 adds support for .cue sheets and the such. However, Spoon will have the last word on this.

Comment

• wannaBgeek
      • Nov 2005

hi Lt........
      No ............As I get them I unwrap them, convert them to lower bitrate, rewrap them.
      And that is where the prob start, they indicate all the detail perfectly as i got them but not after. sry. for perhaps not being to clear on that point.....

Comment

• wannaBgeek
        • Nov 2005

oooooooooh.
        I've read that for a 2 nd time.
        i see what you say now......
        ty.
        me dumb......
        Last edited by LtData; December 03, 2005, 12:03 AM. Reason: Edited for language.

Comment

Working...

]]>