title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

My Music Collection Keeps Crashing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluesdeluxe
    • Nov 2005

My Music Collection Keeps Crashing

My music collection crash's as soon as I open it up. I only have tracks from one artist in there right now and I deleted these tracks from my hard drive.

I Suspect this may have something to do with it? What should I do? If I reinstal will I loose my regestration? Thakx.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: My Music Collection Keeps Crashing

Delete the music collection file, have a look in \program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp

they will be ending in .mmc
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Try running this: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=403

Comment

• bluesdeluxe
        • Nov 2005

Spoon, I looked all through the dbpoweramp program file and there is no music collection file. Hmmm. now what? Also I did not see one file that ended in .mmc Tryed the reg cleaner no help.

Tryed uninstal reinstal of the player same prob. I open music collection and all these flac files are there but they are not on my computer any more. Could it be an association conflict? Maybe K_lite codec? Any help?
        Last edited by bluesdeluxe; November 27, 2005, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

No registration is involved in the program dBpowerAMP Audio Player. The programs which require registration are dMC (music converter, for the mp3 license and the PowerPack), dCW (the CD Writer) and Sveta.

Uninstall dBpowerAMP Audio Player from Control Panel and reinstall it again.

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

I looked all through the dbpoweramp program file and there is no music collection file. Hmmm. now what? Also I did not see one file that ended in .mmc
            Browse My Computer along the path that Spoon mentionned (\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp). On the View menu set it for Tiles. Look for a red box with a white X titled Owner. This is your MMC file (if you have re-named your music collection or if you established more than one music collection the title(s) may be different and you could have more than one such box). Rhis will show in this view as dBpowerAMP Music Collection (it does not look like an ordinary file). Right-click on this icon and select delete.

Both the dAP system restore (recommended by LtData) and the uninstall/re-install (recommended by ChristinaS) may very well not help since they often leave MMC untouched.

Keep us posted on how you make out.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• bluesdeluxe
              • Nov 2005

Yes, there it was right in front of my face. Deleted the file and all is well! Thanks. Steve

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

:D

Comment

Working...

]]>