title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Codecs not working!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackbo8975
    • Nov 2005

Codecs not working!

I have installed the flac codec to the program 4 times and it still will not recognize it to transfer the files i have from flac to wav. Can someone help me figure this out?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Codecs not working!

Are you using the Flac beta codec (available from the Beta section of the forum here:
    An update to flac (ok decoder was rewritten from scratch), to solve the IDTag crashing problem. Also .fla files are only decoded as an option (conflicts with Flash files). Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-codec-flac.exe 538KB If you were having crashing problems with ID Tag writing, please post your

Are your Flac files 24 bit?
    Are your Flac files encoded with the .fla extension or the .flac extension?

The Flac beta codec is redisigned to prevent problems with tag information which are present in the current Flac codec from Codec Central (a test of whether such a problem might be causing your problem is that the codec will work if you uncheck the option to preserve file tags).

If your Flac files are 24 bit, please note the recommendation for this codec in Codec Central that you first convert these files to another lossless codec BEFORE installing the new codec. If this is your problem, try uninstalling the codec, converting your 24 bit Flac files to another format, and reconverting, if you can.

If you are using the beta version of the codec and if your Flac files have the .fla extension, you will need to go to dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration) check to make sure that Flac shows up among your installed encoders, see whether .fla and .flac are file extensions associated with this codec. If .fla is missing, click on the Options tab and enable the option to allow the codec to work with .fla files. Please note that the .fla extension is also used for some Macromedia Flash files and that the Flac codec will crash if you try to use it on these files.

Hope this helps.
    If not, please let us know what version of the Flac codec you are using, what file extension these files use, and the properties of these Flac files (bits, channels, frequency) use.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• jackbo8975
      • Nov 2005

My files are .flac and i have installed the flac codec. Still it says the codec required to decompress the files could not be opened. I need to convert these .flac files to wav. Please help if you can.

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Can you play these flac files and if so what do you use?

What happens if you right-click on one of your files and you view its properties?

Can you tell us which flac codec you have installed as there have been issues with older versions.

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try playing the flac file in another program, they might be corrupt. Look in dmc configuration and check that flac is recognized as a decoder.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gameplaya15143
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2005

what directory did you install the flac plugin to? might want to check and make sure its in the right place

Comment

Working...

]]>