title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MMC found 1 song only in each album

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cruz8der
    • Nov 2005

MMC found 1 song only in each album

I thought I try something besides Win Media Player so here I am adding music to the amp player and somehow in some setting that I'm pretty sure I changed it removed the first song from each album I have and left the rest of the songs alone in my drive where I store my music. I have over 80 gigs of music so I want to know if there is a way i can get those songs back to their location without me having to go by them one by one. Am I making sense? HELP PLEASE!!!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: MMC found 1 song only in each album

It is not clear what your problem is from your description.
    It appears you have been using Windows Media Player (WMP) for playing audio files, that you decided to use dBpowerAMP Audio Player (dAP) to play audio files and that sopmething happened when you were adding tracks to the dAP music library for dAP to play (called My Music Collection or MMC). It appears that for some reason you are missing the first tracks from each of your albums. It is not clear if these are missing from MMC, if they are missing from your WMC library, or if they are missing from their folders on your hard drive. Also, your title suggests that it may involve only seeing the first tracks from each album and that it is the other files that are missing from where ever they are missing (MMC, WMP library, or your hard drive).

I am also assuming that these tracks were present on your hard drive but your description could be taken to describe a ripping problem wherein you are ripping CDs to your hard drive using dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) and that the conversions are fine except that the firat track from each cd is missing (or that only the first tracks are ripped and the remaining tracks are missing). If this is your problem, please let us know that.

Normally adding music to MMC does not change the physical location of your files. It would be helpful if you could tell us about the method you used to add files to MMC. It might also help if we knew about how you stored your files on your hard drive in terms of folder structure (do you have folders by artist with subfolders for each album, folders for each album only, or all all of your music files arranged in one big folder altogether or what). Finally, have you tried using a file search to locate some of these missing files on your hard drive?

Please try to tell us more about your problem according to the questions I've asked you to look at.

Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; November 27, 2005, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>