title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

flac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XMetalGodX
    • Nov 2005

flac

does this thing convert flac to wav or wma? people sent me here to convert my flac file to wav. how do i do it?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: flac

You need to install the FLAC codec from codec central to decode FLAC files.
    To encode to WAV files, just install dBpowerAMP Music Converter, it comes with WAV encoding and trial mp3 encoding.
    For WMA files, you need to download and install the WMA Codec from Codec Central, making sure that for WMA 9, you also install the System Codecs.

More information should be found in the dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) help files that are in Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Help --> "dBpowerAMP Music Converter Help"

Comment

• XMetalGodX
      • Nov 2005

ok i downloaded adn installed the flac codec. but it still dosen't work. i must be doing something wrong.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

You have to install dBpowerAMP Music Converter and then the codecs you need, both the decoding codecs and the encoding codecs (depending what fiel types are involved, what you want to convert to what).

Did you do that?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

..and perhaps your flac file is not really a flac file (it could be a .fla flash animation file).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

If it's a Flash File, you're limited to Auxiliary Input, which works pretty well nonetheless.

Comment

• XMetalGodX
              • Nov 2005

ok i downloaded and installed the music converter and the flac codec, however it still says ''the codec needed to decompress could not be found''. what did i do wrong this time lol sorry i have so many questions, nobody ever explained to me how to use this and it's my first time using it so i'm sorry for all the questions. could i get a little more help?

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

First, you might want to look over the dMC Help Files to get a better idea of how the program works.
                Second, did you install the FLAC codec to the same location as dMC is installed too?
                Third, can you play this FLAC file in any media player?
                Fourth, what are the settings of this file (bits, frequency, channels)?
                Fifth, will dMC convert the file to a WAV file? I ask this to make sure that is not the destination format that is causing a problem.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

Did you install the WMA codecs? But first, try LtData's suggestion, try converting to WAVE first. If you can't,....well, read his post.

Comment

Working...

]]>