title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

recording audio problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takingbacksunda
    • Nov 2005

recording audio problem

hey, im using auxiliary input and just wondering. im recording sound from a streamed video, is there a way to record directly from sound card and not from a mic?

thanks
    Last edited by takingbacksunda; November 19, 2005, 01:30 PM.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: recording audio problem

This should certainly be possible. It would be a matter of selecting the appropriate input source. For details on this:

For more detailed instructions, have you looked at the FAQ on how to use auxilary input here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318 ?

Also, the help file for Auxilary Input (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dMC Auxilary Input Help) is worth reviewing.

Hope this helps. If not, please give us a few more details about the input source you are trying to use and what settings you have set for your input source in dMC Auxilary Input (go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>dMC Auxilary Input, click on Options, click on Input Source (the button reads Select), this brings up a window called Recording Control-if your desired input source is not shown here, click on the Options menu in the recording control window, click on Properties and you will see your full range of potential options; while at this spot (Recording Control>Options>Properties) make sure you are set up to adjust volume for recording rather than playback).

(I'm quoting my self here. I'm not entirely sure about the correct input source, I would start with "Stereo Mix"-sometimes labelled, depending on sound card, as "What U Hear" or "Wave". I believe that is what will work. Your best bet is to save your streaming audio file to your hard drive-which is not always possible-and recording from the streaming file on your hard drive. In this case "Stereo Mix" is definitely the input source you need.).

Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; November 19, 2005, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• takingbacksunda
      • Nov 2005

Re: recording audio problem

hey, i got it working thanks alot

rob
      Last edited by takingbacksunda; November 19, 2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>