title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help with "whatyouhear" recording

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cormacm
    • Nov 2005

Help with "whatyouhear" recording

When I try to record, or bring up the test level meter - nothing is registering, even if i have a sound source playing.

this did work for me before but now it can't seem to hear anything no matter what the source?

any suggestions?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help with "whatyouhear" recording

What type of input are you using?
    If you are trying to record from an outside source (like a stereo or CD player) you most likely want to use Line-In as your input source.
    If you are trying to record from a playable file on your hard drive your recording source will be called something like "Wave", "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" (depend on the sound card you are using.

For more detailed instructions, have you looked at the FAQ on how to use auxilary input here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318 ?

Also, the help file for Auxilary Input (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dMC Auxilary Input Help) is worth reviewing.

Hope this helps. If not, please give us a few more details about the input source you are trying to use and what settings you have set for your input source in dMC Auxilary Input (go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>dMC Auxilary Input, click on Options, click on Input Source (the button reads Select), this brings up a window called Recording Control-if your desired input source is not shown here, click on the Options menu in the recording control window, click on Properties and you will see your full range of potential options; while at this spot (Recording Control>Optiontions>Properties) make sure you are set up to adjust volume for recording rather than playback).

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• cormacm
      • Nov 2005

That did the trick, thanks!

Problem was that I only had CD Player, Line In and Microphone under the recording controls, so I added Stereo Mix and it picked it up. And yes it was a media file playing on the computer.

Cheers.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

You're very welcome.
        Thanks for posting.

Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>