title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A new Probleme since 11.5 whit "'Convert to' Menu Item"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JessiKa
    • Nov 2005

A new Probleme since 11.5 whit "'Convert to' Menu Item"

Hi there!

I have a Problem whit "'Convert to' Menu Item" since version 11.5...
    It will be activated, but not in the menu item, i can´t use it anyway.

Please help me!

Jessi
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: A new Probleme since 11.5 whit "'Convert to' Menu Item"

I am assuming you are finding that you cannot right click on an audio file and select the "Convert To" option to convert the file to a different format (or setting) with dMC (dBpowerAMP Music Converter). I am assuming that right-clicking on an audio file brings up a variety of options but that the "Convert To" option is entirely missing.

If I am mistaken about any of these assumptions, please let me know.

I would first recommend that you open dMC Configuration (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration). Click on the button that reads dBpowerAMP Settings. On the next window (dBpowerAMP Settings), make sure that the option in the upper right corner ('Convert To' Menu Item) is selected. If it is not, select it, then click next and finished and exit dMC Configuration. Your problem should be solved.

If the option for "'Convert To' Menu Item" is already clicked, then I would check to see if this is an issue for just some files or if it is a problem with all audio files. If it is a problem with only some audio files, you have a file that dMC does not recognize as an audio file (it may be corrupt or you may not have a codec for it). If this is only happening with some files, I would recommend checking dMC Configuration to make sure that you have the proper codec(s) installed for reading these files. Check to make sure these files play without problem (to help assure that they are not corrupted).

If this problem is occurring with all files, and the option for "'Convert To' Menu Item" was already clicked in dMC Configuration, I would try unchecking the box, exiting dMC Configuration (going Next and Finished), re-starting the computer, then going back into dMC Configuration, re-selecting the "'Convert To' Menu Item" option, exit dMC Configuration (again going Next and Finished), and see if that helps. If it should not, I would post here explaining what I had tried and hopoed that some wiser person could help.

Those are a few ideas. Please let us know how you make out.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

You should probably restart after you disable the "Convert to" menu and then re-enable it and restart again. Sometimes it takes a restart for it to take hold.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

R11.5 doesn't popup a menu (like very old dmc versions did), instead you select the compression format from the drop menu at the top of music converter.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JessiKa
          • Nov 2005

I have tryed everything, but the menu didn't came back!
          I've try the FileSelector, but this is very stupid, is not very confortable as like as the rightklick Menu on selectet Files out of the explorer, because the error message whil not be visible after conversation.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

When you say the "menu" do you mean the "Convert To" menu item itself, or the sub-menu that was only in older versions of dMC?

Comment

• gameplaya15143
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2005

in dmc config, shut off the convert to menu completely, then verify that it is not there when you right click on a music file.

then re-enable it, and see if it is back, and see if it works.

Comment

• JessiKa
                • Nov 2005

sorry, is not back...
                But I'll install the old Version and than I will show you some screenshots where takes the effect.

CYa later!

PS: I mean this:
                This is in my Config whit the New Version 11.5!?

This is in my Menu whit the New Version 11.5!?

That is in my Config whit the Old Version 11!?

That is in my Menu whit the Old Version 11!?
                Last edited by JessiKa; January 01, 2006, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It is possible for the dll to go missing on an install, so uninstall R11, reboot computer and install R11.5, then reboot computer. Also check 'popup info' box, does that work when you hold a mosue over a file?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>