title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Real Audio ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Java
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

Real Audio ?

Hello, I have a site I listen to that has some ram files, I have been play the music up until yesterday and today, there is also another site I listen to and they will not play, get the msg "cannot render file".

Some of the songs displayed a box that said I did not have the necessary codecs. I haven't done anything to my knowledge that I deleted/uninstalled all the filters and codecs I had installed.

Is there anything short of uninstalling real alternative and do a new install? I had this problem once before and I did the above and it cleared it up.

• ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Real Audio ?

I doubt Real Alternative (Media Player Classic) can play true multi-audience streaming real media files from the web, can it? Real Player can do it obviously.

Comment

• Java
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2005

Yes it can, and I have converted some of those songs thru the converter and I am listening to one of those songs.

Maybe it is just a glitch and will return.

Thanks~

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

I said maybe not for actual streaming audio and maybe not from a streaming server.

Comment

• Java
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2005

Have another question on sound.

I have recorded and burn some cd's some of the music has a trebling or wave vibrations. Are there setting that can stop all the noise that occurs or is that just part of the game.

Thanks

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

I have recorded and burn some cd's some of the music has a trebling or wave vibrations. Are there setting that can stop all the noise that occurs or is that just part of the game.
            Assuming that these noises are not present on the tracks if you preview them before burning, then no this is not normal and yes there probably are things you can do that should eliminate these problems. I would start with making sure that you format your CD properly for length, that you do not try to add too many tracks to your CD, and that you use a slower burning speed. Also, avoid using other programs during the burning process and enable Burn Proof (sometimes referred to as SmoothLink) before burning.
            May I suggest, however, that you start a new thread for this issue.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• Java
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2005

Thanks Bill, I will follow what you have mentioned and if need be post back.
              I do want to let Christina know, that I did delete real alternative and reinstalled and the was able to play and convert the ram files thru the converter and it does work. Thanks!!

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

If the files are on your computer and tehy are audio files rather than meta files, then you would be abel to convert them by one or another codec: either directshow when you also have RealA lternative, or real media codec when you have Real Player and no Real Alternative. You cnanot have both without some conflict.

The proper extensions for a real madia file are .ra or .rm (there are tohers, but never mind). The .ram extension is for the meta file - but also may end up being the extension you save an actual real media file when you downlaod it off the web - a little funny thing Windows does to propose .ram instead of .ra or .rm or, better, what the file extension actually is.

Now if you're telling me the files you converted using dMC directly (i.e. not through Auxiliary Input) were streaming off the web I'd be indeed surprised.

Comment

• Java
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2005

I do not fib :smile2:

Comment

• ChristinaS
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2004

OK, so then may I please have a link to such a Real Audio stream so that I may test dMC's capabilities to convert a stream off the web?

Comment

• Java
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2005

Gobble, Gobble!!!

Go down to the starnes files, they are ram.

Comment

Working...

]]>