title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Shared Folder\Follow My Ruin.ra' could not be

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lgonzo99
    • Nov 2005

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Shared Folder\Follow My Ruin.ra' could not be

Hello, I'm sure this question has been asked before but I was browsing through the threads and I tried some suggestions but I'm still having the same problem, which is: When I try to convert an .ra file to either .mp3 or .wav file I get this error:

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Shared Folder\Follow My Ruin.ra' could not be opened.
    DirectShow filter for '.ra' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt.

I have already installed both the "read" and "write" codecs for Real Player files and added the .ra .rm. etc... (all on separate lines) on the "Configure DirectShow Decoder" text file. I then opened the "dMC Configuration" and saw that the extensions were there. But I still get that message? Is there something that I've neglected to do in order for this to work? Can somebody tell me (or does a detailed step-by-step how-to exist) on how to convert to .mp3 or .wav from Real Media Player files?

Thank you very much for your help.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Shared Folder\Follow My Ruin.ra' could not be

Not all real media fiels can be converted using the directshow filter. Some may require the older real media file (plus Rela Player). But this is incomaptible with Real Alternative. So you either have one or the other method.

Some cannot be converted at all leaving only dMC Auxiliary Input as an option.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Shared Folder\Follow My Ruin.ra' could not be

First, it sounds like your installed the old RealPlayer decoder AND the DirectShow Decoder. Uninstall the old RealPlayer Decoder.
      Second, did you install Real Alternative and its Real Media Direct Show Splitter?

Comment

Working...

]]>