title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tried it - no luck

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcellus001
    • Nov 2005

Tried it - no luck

I've got a NETGEAR MP 101. I need to populate the server. It only imports mp3.
    I thought I'd try the free 30-day dBpowerAmp download. It seemed to install alright until I tried to convert some files. I know it won't convert AAC (as saved in iTunes) but as the music in my folders are mostly m4a I thought it would be easy. I've never downloaded a track from iTunes by the way - they're all either copied from CD or downloaded from other sources.
    I didn't get any of the functionality as described in the dBpowerAmp tutorial,-no 'Convert to' command etc. so I haven't been able to convert one track.
    I've uninstalled dBpowerAmp now. Should I try again?
    All advice would be most welcome but nothing too complicated please.
    Many thanks,
    Rod
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Tried it - no luck

Did you install the dMC Mp4/M4a codec from Codec Central?
    And DMC will convert AAC, as long as you install the correct codec.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Re: Tried it - no luck

In order to get Convert to on right click you must check the options for Windows Shell Integration in dMC Configuration after installing dMC.

dMC come with decoding and encoding codecs for wav and mp3 from the statr. All other codecs (decoding or encoding) have to be downloaded and installed separately from Codec Central. All instalaltina have to be made to the same folder as where the original dMC apckage was installed, preferably the one proposed by the installer: c:\\program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP .

You must be signed in as admin to install these programs.

Comment

Working...

]]>