title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error: "File can not be opened" for m4a conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky
    Banned
    • Nov 2004

Error: "File can not be opened" for m4a conversion

- Downloaded free dbPowerAmp and m4a codec about 2-1/2 months ago. Worked fine, including successful conversion of many iPod *.m4a files.

- Uninstalled dbPowerAmp 10 days ago, due to stuttering of music played with "PCDJ" DJ software. Stuttering would occur when mouse was placed over *.mp3 file in Windows Explorer, and dbPA wanted to display extended yellow pop-up box containing extended file info.

- Reinstalled dbPA software and m4a codec today. Copied friend's iPod collection to a data CD, leaving *.m4a extension. Copied CD contents to hard drive. Attempted to convert *.m4a to *.mp3.

- Error appeared - "file can not be opened"

- I do not have iTunes to test the files, but they play on friend's iPod player.

Any help??? Software out of date?

I did not find a "lame.exe" in the installation directory. Copied a "lame.exe" from another program (Exact Audio Copy) to "Lame" subdirectory. Still same error.

Thanks.
    Last edited by lucky; November 07, 2005, 11:25 PM.
  • lucky
    Banned
    • Nov 2004

Re: Error: "File can not be opened" for m4a conversion

one more thing...

When configuring dbPA software, it says I have 12 days left on trial version.

Thanks.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I don't think the problem is within dBpowerAMP.
      When you converted iPod m4a files earlier, was there anything different in your setup or procedure (did you have iTunes installed at that time, had you created the original versions of these files on your own computer)?
      If the procedure is the same, has your friend recently updated his version of iTunes?

Comment

• gameplaya15143
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2005

did you remember to also install the aac/mp4 decoder for dbpoweramp?

Comment

Working...

]]>