title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

flac codec problems - HELP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbolan
    • Oct 2005

flac codec problems - HELP

When I attempt to convert files from FLAC to MP3 (for use in IPOD/ITUNES) the conversion process is interrupted and I get the following message.: “The CODEC required to decompress ….flac' could not be opened.”

4 out of 14 files actually converted successfully! Yes, I have already downloaded the CODEC’s and even registered the power pack.

Also I often get an error window “GetPopupInfo.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”

My operating system is Microsoft XP.

HELP!!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: flac codec problems - HELP

First, try the Flac beta codec from the Beta section of the forum here:
    An update to flac (ok decoder was rewritten from scratch), to solve the IDTag crashing problem. Also .fla files are only decoded as an option (conflicts with Flash files). Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-codec-flac.exe 538KB If you were having crashing problems with ID Tag writing, please post your

This codec addresses some problems with tagging causing crashing during conversion to mp3.

Second, even with the beta codec, dBpowerAMP Music Converter does not support album art in file tags, unicode characters, or Comment fields betond a certain size. If your Flac tags contain any of these elements, unselect the option to keep file tags when converting in the dMC window (where you select the format and designate your filepath).

If neither of these measures helps, please indicate what settings (frequency, channels, bits) your Flac files possess and what settings (bits, bitrate, frequency, channels) you have set for your mp3 files.

Keep us posted on how you make out.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>