title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

problems in downloading, installing and converting real audio to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chacha
    • Oct 2005

problems in downloading, installing and converting real audio to mp3

hey everyone, i purchased the registration for converting music, and then i tried installing the real audio codec, it installed then it wouldn't show up in the configuration, i tried couple times to fix it but nothin, and it seems like they are in the same folder, any simple or fast way to fix it i be thankfull, :smile2:
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: problems in downloading

Are you logged in as admin? What's your OS?

You downloaded & installed the real audio codec or the directshow codec?

What version of dMC do you have? The latest one is r11.5 .

Did you reboot?
    Last edited by ChristinaS; October 23, 2005, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

You will need separate codecs to read/play/convert RealAudio files and to convert other types of audio files to RealAudio. The first type of codec (to read/play/convert RealAudio files) is the decoder codec. The second type of codec (to convert audio in other formats to RealAudio) is the encoder codec. Which are you trying to install?

dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) has two RealAudio decoder codecs. The newer and generally better uses the DirectShow codec and requires RealAlternative be installed as well. You can find that codec here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-directshow.htm. Both this download page and, more important, the Help page for this codec, give instructions on setting up this codec for RealAudio. If you have this codec correctly installed, then in dMC Configuration you will see RealAudio extensions listed as being readable by the DirectShow codec. Please follow the directions carefully installing RealAlternative, the DirectShow codec, configuring the DirectShow codec and then confirming the configuration in dMC Configuration.
      If you are having a problem configuring the DirectShow codec to read RealAudio, you may want to refer to a few extrta tips here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...62&postcount=5
      If that does not work, please tell us in a bit more detail what you have downloaded, what your DirectShow configuration file reads and what file extensions show in dMC Configuration as being file extensions recognized by the DirectShow decoder.

The other decoder requires that you have RealPlayer version 8 installed. It is easier to load but is much slower. It will show up in dMC Configuration as a RealAudio decoder.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• chacha
        • Oct 2005

Thanx for your reply, i have 11.5 installed, and i have installed the decoder and encoder, and every thing that can be done, i want to know what can i do, do i reisntall everything over, i have 6.4 megs high-speed, so i will install anything in couple seconds just want to know what to install, basicly i get .rm, .ram, .ra, music thats it and want to change them to mp3 lame, thats all i want to do, i have a subscription and i paid for the power pack to register,... please advise me.... :(

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Did you install this from Codec Central? http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ra.htm

The main codec there is the directshow codec - and that requires Real Alternative and setting the filters. You have to follow the instructions carefully. Conversion of real media files using the directshow codec is fast.

Otherwise the older Real Media codec requires Real Player and when it converts it does it in real time - that means the time it takes to convert is the same as the time it takes to play the file in Real Player and you see no progress indicator until the conversion is finished.

You have to explain what you installed. Also what the specs are for your input file that you want to convert. And teh specs you chose for your output file. Some combinations simply cannot be done.

Keep in mind that if the real audio file is protected it will not convert. Also if it is not an actual audio file but just a meta file (very small, 1-2k, text file that can be opened in Notepad, giving the address of the actual real audio file on the net), then you cannot convert this either.
          Last edited by ChristinaS; October 24, 2005, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>