title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Upgrading problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halo_LeO_101705
    • Oct 2005

Upgrading problem

I ordered DMC last night&they send me an email today with the link to dl the registered program. I installed the program. Then i wanted to upgrade it from http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/ I click Initiate Registered Link Retrieval and typed in my order number and the string. But it said the information i entered was wrong though i'm sure i entered them correctly. I guess my registration hasn't appeared in the Registered Link Retrieval database yet?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Upgrading problem

Have you already installed the registered version? Then that should be the latest version in any case, R11.5.

You don't need to go through the registration page in order to upgrade. You download it from the Product page and install it on top of the one you already have, without uninstalling.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Do note that it takes about 1-2 weeks for the database on this website to receive your purchase data. Until that time, the link in your e-mail should still be valid.

As for upgrading registered installs, as ChristinaS said, you just install the new version over your existing version and make sure you tell the installer to NOT uninstall your current version.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Emailed links are for the latest version.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Halo_LeO_101705
          • Oct 2005

i think my registered version is Release 11. Is there any speed difference between 11 and 11.5 say, when converting wma files to mp3?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

I don't think so, but I do know that r11.5 includes many bug fixes and enhancements.

Comment

Working...

]]>