title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

windows media audio v9.1 issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon@dev3.co.uk
    • Oct 2005

windows media audio v9.1 issues

I have encoded all my wma files using v9.1 on an xp machine. When i release them to be played via teh web, will they work for people who have non XP machines? (if anyone has a non XP and is willing to test..please go to http://www.coolwax.co.uk/home/Produc...CategoryId=141 and click the play button. Im desperate to get an answer to this as I htink its affecting users on our website.
    thanks SOOOO much!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: windows media audio v9.1 issues

No, WMA 9.1 is Windows XP only. You should use WMA 9 as the newest standard and tell users they will need to install either WMP 9 or the System codecs.

Comment

• jon@dev3.co.uk
      • Oct 2005

thanks appreciate your help...now all I have to do is re-encode the flamin lot!! doh! only 300 tunes to do mind u

Comment

• jon@dev3.co.uk
        • Oct 2005

btw does anyone know of a way to format streamin media on your website that works with windows media server....or outside it but requires no other installs on your server? Were struggling with this issue on our website and would appreciate any views. Either applications, formats to use or just a tip on what format gives the WIDEST compatibility. cheers again

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you encoded as Standard WMA 9.1 (not pro, lossless or voice), the files will work in all WMA players (even Windows 95).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>