title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD playback problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sleeepr
    • Oct 2005

CD playback problem

At approximately the same time that I loaded and activated my dB Poweramp utilities, my CD drives began giving me fits with playback. I get a "skip" or choppy playback, that seems to coincide with the read light on the drive - like it can't play back at the same time that it reads. This happens with both the DVD-RW and the CD-RW drives.

Also, when ripping to ITunes files, the audio is severely affected (music plays off the disc while ripping tracks to the hard drive - used to be excellent audio, now it is poo.)

Is it at all possible that loading the Power Amp utilities (Converter, Writer, Input, Play Audio and WriteWorker) would have changed anything to create this problem? The drives don't distort when ripping to files - the files play back perfectly.

Thanks for any input available.

TA
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: CD playback problem

I think I recognize your problem. Go into Device Manager (Control Panel --> Hardware Tab) and check your primary and secondary IDE channels setting. Make sure all devices are set for "DMA if available" and NOT "PIO Only". If they are set for PIO, are on the secondary channel, and you cannot select DMA, uninstall the secondary channel, then click action --> Scan for hardware changes.

Comment

Working...

]]>