title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems with Musicmatch Jukebox

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chuckco
    • Oct 2005

Problems with Musicmatch Jukebox

Following installation of db Poweramp converter I am having a problem with MMJB. It works fine until I hit the "burn" button, then instead of the burner coming up I get the following error message:

Runtime Error
    Program C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmjbburn.exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I have tried uninstalling db poweramp converter and Musicmatch and then reinstalling Musicmatch but I still get the above error.

I know this is related to db poweramp because I am running a dual boot system and just to make sure it was poweramp that caused the problem on my second boot partition I started Musicmatch and it worked fine. Then I installed the converter and then opened Musicmatch and started getting the same error.

Any assistance someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I should mention I am running WinXP sp2 and originally noticed this problem with Musicmatch 9 but upon reinstall still have it with musicmatch 10.
    Last edited by chuckco; October 14, 2005, 10:21 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Problems with Musicmatch Jukebox

dMC shouldn't affect any other programs. Can you burn data CDs?

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I don't recall seeing this prpoble, before.
      I have MusicMatch Jukebox 7.5 and I have used it to burn without a problem. However, I have not burned with this program in quite a while.
      If you want to uninstall dBpowerAMP Music Converter completely, you might want to refer to this FAQ from Razgo on uninstall issues here:
      there are some anomalies that occur when uninstalling dbpoweramp parts. i just unisntalled using windows add/remove the following codecs, ogg, aac, mp4, wsp, voc. start-->programs-->dbpoweramp music converter-->configuration-->dmc configuration that does not match whats in my registry however this

Does this issue only occur with burns in MusicMatch?
      Are you burning from wav or from mp3?
      If mp3, what settings are you using?

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is no way this is related to dBpowerAMP, sorry...

>This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

There is a bug in the program, or the program has become corrupted (run a virus scan also).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chuckco
          • Oct 2005

I have no problems burning with Nero or iTunes just MMJB. I converted most of my mp3 files to mp3pro with dbpoweramp converter and the Thompson plug-in but it doesn't matter what format the files are in. I don't even have to have any files in the playlist window. When I click 'burn' from the MMJB interface I will get the error.
          It also leaves the 'mmjbburn.exe process running. If I open Task Manager it is running under processes, in fact, if I don't manually end the process in Task Manager then when I try to shutdown the computer I get one of those 'The following Process is not responding' pop-ups and have to click 'end now'.
          Could it have to do with the Thompson Mp3Pro plug-in perhaps?

I know it is somehow related to dbpoweramp because, as I said earlier, after having the problem in my first boot partition I booted into my second installation of WinXP.

Then the only thing I did was create a Restore point, opened MMJB and verified the burn option was working, installed dbpoweramp converter and Mp3PRO codec, reopened MMJB and it wouldn't work. I didn't even use the converter.

Uninstalling dbpoweramp and then doing a system restore to the point prior to it's install doesn't repair the problem.

I have checked my computer with Norton Anti-virus (already installed) and run ad-aware, and XsoftSpy(something I do regularly and don't find any problems.

Believe me, it's got me scratching my hair out as well, can't figure any reason for this behavior.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

MMJB uses its own mp3PRO encoder.
            Are you using the latest version of MMJB, by chance? Looks like the latest version is 10.
            Do you have this problem if you don't install the mp3PRO codec after you install dMC?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Perhaps it doesn't like the mp3 files and they are crashing it?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>