title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to input my own switches?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • latuman
    • Oct 2005

How to input my own switches?

Topic says it all. I'd like to experiment with the latest HA recommended lame. I put the lame_enc.dll in dbpoweramps right folder.

So do I have to use the Generic CLI plugin to use lame.exe to use my own switches? I wish I could easily use the already implemented lame for this, but I guess not?

So do I need to input in and out files? Is it basically just lame.exe being run, with no dBPA involvement? I mean, there is the destination folder and stuff like that, but I still get an error, when I just put "-V 6 -vbr-new" as my command line. I will be happy with low quality sound, I'm a little bit deaf anyway. I guess some presets in the original dBPA Lame are swell, but I want control. (I would'nt like to switch to EAC, I dont like it otherwise)

(I'm finding out the best settings to use with a tiny 32MB memory card on my future cell phone)
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: How to input my own switches?

There is a LAME CLI codec here you can use: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp3-lame.htm
    Its a little more specific than the general CLI encoder, as its specifically made for the LAME exe

Comment

• latuman
      • Oct 2005

I replaced the resulting lame.exe with the new one. Unfortunately, it does not work. So it isn't possible to upgrade like this?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

It should be, yes. What error does it give, unable to locate codec? If so, go to settings for the LAME (CLI) and make sure it is pointing to the .exe.

Comment

• latuman
          • Oct 2005

Messed up the path, now works fine. Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>