title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DMC Doesn't Detect Disk

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ksub1
    • Sep 2005

DMC Doesn't Detect Disk

I used DMC (11) successfully a couple of times to rip cd's but now, it won't detect a disk when I insert it. It seems to at first; the little disk icon comes on for a couple of seconds. But then it just sits there with the message 'insert audio CD'. I have no problem detecting and reading these same disks with iTunes, WMA, or other music players. I've tried rebooting, etc.

Ken D
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: DMC Doesn't Detect Disk

Do you have 2 cd drives?

dMC Audio CD Input has to be told which cd drive to use. It's probably set on the other one.

Chek Options in dMC Adio CD Input.

Comment

• ksub1
      • Sep 2005

No, I only have one CD drive. It has options set for SCSI Direct Pass Through and MMC. I have no idea what these mean, but I haven't changed them.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Is this with just one or a few discs?
        Have you checked out the suggestion for your system in the Support Page for Audio CD Input here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-support-audio-cd.htm ?

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

What is the name of the CD? Does it just have a problem with one CD, or does it not work with any CD now?

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ksub1
            No, I only have one CD drive. It has options set for SCSI Direct Pass Through and MMC. I have no idea what these mean, but I haven't changed them.
            If the problem is for all audio cd's, then try to change the first one to Windows Internal Limited, it might work.

Or, if it's only for some audio cd's, follow the various hints given on how to bypass some forms of cd copy protection.

Comment

• ksub1
              • Sep 2005

Thanks, but it started working again. Very wierd. And it was for ALL CD's I didn't change anything, but the next time I launched the program it started working

Comment

Working...

]]>