title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Different burner - now can't rip!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huffsla

• Sep 2005

Different burner - now can't rip!

Hi, I've been using db poweramp version 10 a long time with no problems...until just recently, when I installed a new burner. First time I tried to rip from a store bought cd (using the part of the program with the cd icon - the cd grabber or whatever) from the new burner, I got a message like

"CODEC decompression error for '\CdRomTrack01.cda'
    Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction"

I closed the program and tried again, and this time it didn't open completely, but just hung until I had to close it with the ctrl-alt-delete. This happens every time now.

If I use the music converter, I get a list of the tracks on the cd that's in the burner, but when I try to convert, the dialog box just says 0% converted and the timer will just keep counting until I end the program.

In short, it's just not working at all, whereas it used to work completely fine. Could it be somehow uncompatible with the new burner? Any suggestions would be helpful :(
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: Different burner - now can't rip!

Go into your system properties (Control Panel --> System) and then click the Hardware tab and click "Device Manager". Double-click on your CD drive and make sure the "Enable Digital Audio" tab is checked. One easy method to see if Digital audio is on or off is if your CD drive has a headphone jack on the front of it. If the jack works, digital audio is OFF, otherwise its on.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Different burner - now can't rip!

>Enable Digital Audio" tab is checked

Shouldn't make any difference, only Windows Media Player uses this option.

Try installing R11.5.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>