title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

resampling Ogg files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeilGriffith
    • Sep 2005

resampling Ogg files

Hi I am trying to resample a *.ogg file, but keep getting an error. I wonder if you guys can help?

The ogg file is sampled a 22Khz and and I want it to be re-sampled at 16Khz so I can listen to it on my Symbian phone.

1. Right button click on *.ogg file
    2. click 'Convert to'
    3. Main window pops up
    4. Channel set to Mono
    5. Variable bitrate encoding
    6. Frequency at 16Khz
    7. click convert
    8. Error box " The CODEC required to decompress {file} could not be opened "

Any clues???

Cheers

Neil
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: resampling Ogg files

Have you enabled Professional Frequency Conversion (set through dMC Configuration, Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration).?
    Can you test convert your 22 kHz Ogg file (same as a regular conversion except where you choose your output format select Test Conversion (No Write))?
    Are you writing to store your output file to a different folder than the original (you should try this if you haven't already done so, particularly if you have chosen to delete your source file after conversion)?
    If none of the above works for you, can you convert to 16 kHz mono wave and then from the wave to 16 kHz mono Ogg?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• NeilGriffith
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by xoas
      Have you enabled Professional Frequency Conversion (set through dMC Configuration, Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration).?
      Yes, If have just done that.

Can you test convert your 22 kHz Ogg file (same as a regular conversion except where you choose your output format select Test Conversion (No Write))?
      Tried that, and I get the same error as before.

Are you writing to store your output file to a different folder than the original (you should try this if you haven't already done so, particularly if you have chosen to delete your source file after conversion)?
      Again, just tried this and I have the same error

If none of the above works for you, can you convert to 16 kHz mono wave and then from the wave to 16 kHz mono Ogg?
      Tried that and still not working.

The .ogg file is very, small 12KB would this be causing the problem? I can't get any ogg convert tool to work :(

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Might be too short.
        If you like, I'll pm you my e-mail address if you would care to send me the file.
        I won't be able to get to it for a fewe hours, though.
        Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

1. Try to convert to uncmpressed wav keeping frequency as source, channels as source.

2. Then convert this wav from step 1 to mono, keep eveything else unchanged.

3. Then convert the output from step 2 to a different frequency, keeping the other specs unchanged.

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

A general question: Have you installed the Ogg Vorbis codec to the default directory? And are you using the regular Ogg Vorbis codec or one of those Pentium/Athlon optimized encoders?

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

The inability to test convert is not a good sign. It suggests that dAP cannot read the Ogg file.
              The Beta Forum section has a new Ogg 1.1.1 codec that you might try. It may be the case that one of the aoTuV Ogg codecs might work (b3 versions are in Codec Central, b4 versions are in the Beta Forum).
              Do you have a program that can play your 22 kHz Ogg source file? If so, what program is it?
              What is the bitrate of your source file? What is the track length/playing time?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Perhaps the ogg file is corrupt?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

The aoTuV codecs just decode, xoas, the normal Ogg Vorbis codec is what does the decoding.

Comment

• xoas
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2002

The aoTuV codecs just decode, xoas, the normal Ogg Vorbis codec is what does the decoding.
                    :headbang:
                    :o :o :o
                    Thanks for the reminder.

Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>