title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Lame encoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubbajones
    • Sep 2002

Lame encoder

I get a huge amount of pop and cracks in my mp3's when played in mono using the Lame encoder than came with the powerAmp software. Has anyone else noticed this? or could someone test this.

I am encoding at 128k 44kh.
  • totalXSive
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Try going to Start > Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > Cofiguration > dMC Configuration and enabling 'Professional Frequency Conversion'. Sometimes it produces a better result when converting from stereo to mono.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Good advice, also make sure you have Release 9a of dMC
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bubbajones
        • Sep 2002

I appreciate the replys but I'm not an idiot. I had the frequency conversion clicked, and have the latest version. And before someone mentions it, it is not in the ripping process either. Its totoally in the encoding. I listen to the tracks in mono I hear cracks, I listen in stereo they sound fine. I'm thinking its an error with the lame encoder no one has noticed yet.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The way to check that would be to convert it to a mono wave file, play that. Then convert the mono wave file to lame, if that works ok then the problem might be in lame.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>