title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

getting access denied on folder after conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oxyman
    • Sep 2005

getting access denied on folder after conversion

Hello,
    Ive used db converter for a good while now, and Ive always had this problem, its just recently starting to bother me. Forgive me if it has been posted elsewhere, I searched but didnt find it.

Whenever I convert a folder full of mp3s, after the conversion is over db closes and all is well, but I copy the folder from C: to D: and try to delete the folder on C and get access denied, make sure nothing is using blah blah. Up until now I have always just had to leave the folders/files there until I restart my computer and then it lets me delete them... any suggestions on getting dp to let go of its death grip on my files?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: getting access denied on folder after conversion

Do you have the "Pop-Up info" enabled? Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration

Comment

• oxyman
      • Sep 2005

Yes it was checked as enabled and I just disabled it. I cannot delete the folders that have been previously converted (havent restarted yet), but I can delete folders that I convert after the change.

I like the popup info it gives, any chance on a "fix" in future versions? :komisch9:

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Popup info can be a little finicky. Have you tried the latest dMC beta linked to below?

Comment

• oxyman
          • Sep 2005

I had 11 installed. I downloaded and installed 11.5 and now, while popup info is still unchecked, if I make a folder and put a file in it, convert it, and try to delete the folder Im getting access denied once again. :(

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Did you reboot your computer after installing r11.5? After unchecking popup info?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Have a look in task manager, if MusicConverter.exe is still running that it has the folder open still, if not the process has removed and something else has those files open.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• oxyman
                • Sep 2005

If found something interesting. When I have the folder open and I convert all of the files in it, I am able to delete it after conversion. But if, while the files are converting, I hit the back button or switch to another folder, THEN I get the access denied box upon trying to delete the folder afterwards. This is repeatable. Is this a bug with the program or just something weird that Im getting? Wouldnt suprise me in the least if it were the latter .

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

If there is no musicconverter.exe running then it is impossible for it to keep files open, Windows doesn't work like that.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>