title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get an mp3 disk with original track order

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverjim
    • Sep 2005

How do I get an mp3 disk with original track order

Hello,
    As my username implies I am not in the first flush of youth, so please bear with me!
    I am trying to make disks to play on my new portable cd player.
    I can make mp3 cd's that work fine, but the tracks are in alphabetical order. Iwant them in the original order from the cd's.
    Please help, but keep it as non-technical as possible
    Thank you
    silverjim
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I get an mp3 disk with original track order

When naming the tracks add a Track NUmber to the start of filename, ie:

05 - Elvis - Jail House Rock.mp3
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

To rename your files, you can use the Arrange Music utility codec (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBp...ange-music.exe) to rename your files based on their tags. Do note that you have to have correct tags to do this. Also, this utility codec requires the PowerPack

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

To expound a bit on what Spoon has said:
        Learn how your mp3 reads tags and strucures file order.
        There will be several variables including Artist, Album, track #, and Track name.
        You want to make sure that track # is added to each tag (using 2-digit track numbers-01, 02,... rather than 1,2,...).
        If your mp3 player does not allow you to store by artist, album, track # and track name, then you will want to do as Spoon suggests and add the track # (again in 2-digits) to the start of the file name.
        You might find it helpful to learn what type(s) of folder structure your mp3 player recognizes and/or accepts. You will find it advantageous to create a folder structure to create a folder structure on your mp3 disk in which all tracks by a given artist are stored in the same folder, within that folder they are stored in separate folders for each album by that artist, then arranged by track # and track name-if your player supports this. Sorting by artist and album is important because if you store tracks by track # first, all the #01 tracks will be stored (regardless of artist and album) before all the #02 tracks and so forth. So you will need to crerate a means for storage that will arrange first by artist and album only later by track # (before track name).

Hope this clarifies rather than confuses.
        If you have further questions, please let us know what burner program you are using to create your mp3 disks and what type of mp3 player you are creating these disks for.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>