title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sveta / Music Converter lockup on XP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Sveta / Music Converter lockup on XP

Just installed Sveta Portable Audio and drivers for my Creative DAP Jukebox on WinXP Pro.

When I convert a CD to mp3 (LAME) directly to my jukebox, MusicConverter always locks up at the end of the conversion. All tracks have been encoded and transfered to my jukebox but when looking in TaskManager, Music Converter is taking 100% cpu time. Are you aware of this problem?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

I wasn't. What happens if you try Ripping a CD to Wave? does it lock up? Or how about if you Convert a Ripped Wave file to the jukebox mp3 (lame)?

Does Sveta Explorer start and exit normally?

It should tell me which area the problem lies.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks for the response... here's what I've found.

I'm using dMC Audio CD Input to start the conversion.
      CD -> WAV is OK.
      CD -> MP3 is OK.

CD -> Jukebox - Rip with no options : Music Converter encodes the track to mp3 then crashes. Sveta-log.txt file is empty.

CD -> Jukebox - Rip with options : Music Converter encodes and transfers the track then hangs. In the Sveta-log.txt file the last line is "Shutting Down Jukebox:" but has no return code (Success/Fail).

After a hang, Sveta explorer will not start as it fails to initialize the jukebox. If I reboot, Sveta Explorer is OK again.

Another thing I've noticed in the explorer, some tracks appear incorrect with file sizes of 0 bytes and no track information. I know that these tracks are ok on the jukebox as they appear correctly in Creative PlayCenter.

P.S. I'm using the new 4.00 Beta firmware on my jukebox.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Thanks for running the tests, one more for you. After a restart (ie everything fresh), start Sveta Explorer, when you exit Sveta Explorer - press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, and bring up task manager - under Processes, is SvetaExplorer.exe still listed?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

SvetaExplorer shuts down cleanly, the process disappears from TaskManager.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I will note this as a bug:

>CD -> Jukebox - Rip with no options : Music Converter encodes
            >the track to mp3 then crashes. Sveta-log.txt file is empty.

Not sure about the not exiting, it possibly is something to do with the beta.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>