title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

iTunes 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon Fenton
    • Jun 2005

iTunes 5

Yesterday I installed iTunes 5 onto my computer. When converting from FLAC to ALAC the tags are lost. This does not happen when converting to AAC also using iTunesencode. Any solutions?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: iTunes 5

There's probably some small difference between iTunes 4.x and iTunes 5.
    In case its not, can you convert from another format, such as WMA or mp3, to ALAC and keep the tags?

Comment

• Jon Fenton
      • Jun 2005

All the other codecs are fine. There is a post in Hydrogenaudio saying that iTunesencode works fine with iTunes 5. I do not know if this poster checked ALAC as well as AAC. I also cannot get EAC with iTunesencode to work when converting to ALAC so a fix may be required.

Comment

• Jon Fenton
        • Jun 2005

I seem to have solved the problem. There seems to be something wrong with the FLAC files on my computer. I've uninstalled a FLAC GUI and all seems ok.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Good to hear. One good way to check to see if your files are ok is to see if your music player will play them. If it will, the files are probably fine. If not, try another player just to make sure its not something weird with that particular player. If it won't play again, there is probably something corrupted with your files.

Comment

Working...

]]>