title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxiliary Input, VU meter, Volume Control

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveR
    • Sep 2002

Auxiliary Input, VU meter, Volume Control

I select:
    Auxiliary Input
    Test Recording Level
    VU Meter Volume Control
    The level bar goes to only 1/2 or so of its length and the Vu Meter Volume control is greyed out.
    I just clean installed:
    dMC Release 9a
    Auxiliary Input Release 3
    File Selector Release 4a
    I am running Windows/98 SE on a P4 1.8G 512M with an
    Audio Excell sound card
    The Windows Volume control, Recording control, etc. are all set to maximum.
    I am trying to record from a Componet level cassette recorder.
    With Line out from the cassette to Line in of the sound card the level bar is lucky to get from 1/4 to 1/3 of its length.
    I followed you instructions to use the Microphone out and the level bar gets up to about 1/2 its length.
    In all cases the Vu Meter Volume control is greyed out.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

For some computers that does not work, you need to Aux Input >> Options >> Input Source 'Select' to set the volume.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

also try "line out" from your deck to "microphone in" on your sound card.

and double check your "multimedia" properties in your comptuter control panel.

let us know if you have success.

Comment

• DaveR
        • Sep 2002

I have tried all your suggestions.
        The only one that made a difference was going from Cassette Deck Line Out to PC Microphone In.
        In that case the recording level line averaged half scale compared to one quarter scale with all the other settings.
        In all cases the little loud speaker and the volume control remain greyed out.
        I get good results going from the amplifier microphone out (with Cassette Deck as input to the amplifier) to the PC Line In, using the physical volume control on the amplifier to control signal strength.
        But, again, the little loud speaker and volume control on the Vu meter remain grayed out.
        The reason I'm using the Audio Excel card is that it is the only card I have found with SP/Dif both in and out.
        If you know of another card that implements SP/Dif, I could try that and see what happens.:cry:

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

can i just confirm with you that you have checked all your system multimedia properties?

Comment

• DaveR
            • Sep 2002

Yes, I have tried and checked every kind of output or input offered by Microsoft on whatever is behind the Control Panel's Multimedia Icon. And also on the Volume Control properties.
            I tried setting everything to 'on' with the volume at max.
            Then I set ONLY Line In and Microphone 'on' and set the volume one tick below maximum. (Something was being overdriven and caused a bit of distortion at Max.)
            In any event, I have got it working by using the manual volume control on the component type amplifier, so there is no need for you to bother yourself further.
            I certainly appreciate you efforts and lightning fast response times. (Wish I were that quick)
            P.S. On one of these pages I got the impression you were from Australia. I thought that Spoon was from the UK. Although with today's communications I suppose anyone can be from anywhere and still be side by side in a manner of speaking.

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

i moved your question on where we live to here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...=&threadid=875

Comment

Working...

]]>