title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC to MP3 and FLAC to WAV errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scribo
    • Sep 2005

FLAC to MP3 and FLAC to WAV errors

I'm using DMC 11

I've previously ripped to WAV using EAC, then used DMC convert to FLAC. No problem.

I've then converted 291 files to MPS using pre-defined CD quality (196kbs). No problem.

Now, same day, I try to convert more to MP3 and the conversion seems to be real fast. Looking in the output directory, the files are real small (158 kb - that's kilobytes). I can play the file, it's just incomplete.

I've tried converting FLAC to WAV, same problem.

I've uninstalled everything, then reinstalled it. Same problem.

I've tried this using File Selector and by starting by r-click in Explorer.

I saw a post suggesting a problem with Preserve ID Tags being checked, so I unchecked this. Same problem.

No error message is displayed.

What gives?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: FLAC to MP3 and FLAC to WAV errors

First off try to upgrade to the latest beta dMC R11.5rc2 from the beta section. A number of bugs have been fixed in thsi version.

Then try to convert again teh same files you have previosuly converted as a test. If that no longer works soemhting happened to your version of the program in the meanwhile.

Are you converting to mp3? from what? or converting from mp3 to what? what settings on input and output files?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Are you running a DSP effect?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• scribo
        • Sep 2005

No, i'm not running DSP effect

I have plain old DMC Release 11 - is R11.5rc2 a later release?

Sorry, I said convert to MPS. I'm converting FLAC to Mp3 (Lame), Encoding to 'CD' with bit rate of 192Kbs.

FLACs were created using DMC 11 from WAVs

Just now (after power down overnight) I've made no config changes, and converted files FLAC to MP3 successfully.

So, I figure there's something happening elsewhere on the computer. I'll try and narrow that down for future reference.

Comment

Working...

]]>