title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

OGG edit tag corrupts file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cde

• Sep 2005

OGG edit tag corrupts file

I've used the convert tag feature in dMc 11 from the right-click menu in Explorer to change info on several OGG files, and they become unreadable. I get an error saying that the file is in use or is unreadable. I can't delete, rename, copy it. After I restart my computer, the file is gone.

OOGs were created in a variety of ways, some from allofmp3.com, some from Rio Music Manager; most recent problems were with OGG files converted from FLAC using dMc 11.

Yeesh.

I'm using Windows XP Pro Sp-2, dMc 11.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: OGG edit tag corrupts file

Are you saying that these files are unreadable in dMC/dAP or are you trying to read them through another program?

Do you have the Power Pack installed?

In the Ogg Help files I note this:
    Uppercase Tag Elements certain programs (such as the iRiver database manager), will not recognize ID Tags unless they are all uppercase, ARTIST would work, but Artist would not, this option fixes this deficiency.
    I don't know whether this applies to your situation or not but you might check on this.

Do your tag names contain foreign (to English) Unicode characters? dMC does not currently support Unicode.

You might try installing the latest beta version of dMC from the Beta forum here:
    A huge update for dMC, now is final release (out of beta), will be posted on main website in 1 weeks time, download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/dMC-r11.5.exe 2.1MB ================================================ Highlights: mp3 decoder huge update: freeform mp3 files, mp2+mp1 files, lame tag reading mp3 lame

You might try using one of the Ogg AoTuV codecs from codec central. You might want to start with the b3 version (more likely to work on any system than the SSE version).

If you are already using one the AoTuV codecs when this occurs, do you have the regular Ogg codec installed as well? If not, installing the regular Ogg Codec should help.

You might also want to check one of these tags (prior to your conversion) to see what
    is listed on the line for Id Tag (top line bottom section of the Id Tag). Also on the bottom line of the tag does it read dBpowerAMP ?

Hope some of this might help.
    Keep us posted on what you find.
    Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: OGG edit tag corrupts file

Moved to dMC Support.

Comment

Working...