title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Errors when ripping CD -> FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svarreby

• Aug 2005

Errors when ripping CD -> FLAC

Many tracks get a "cut" when I rip from CD to flac. I have tried to lower the ripping speed but that does'nt seem to affect the result.

Any suggestions?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Errors when ripping CD -> FLAC

Do you mean the tracks get ripped but they are shorter than what they should be? or some don't get ripped at all?

Did you try to rip to other formats, like uncompressed PCM wav, 16-bit, 44.1KHz, 2-channel stereo? Does this work properly?

See this too: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8504

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Also, make sure you aren't running any DSP PowerPack effects.

Comment

• svarreby

• Aug 2005

What I meen is that many tracks got a "cut/bump" (sometimes several cuts) in them, for maybe a second (Like a cut on a vinyl disc) and then the music continues ...

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

What are your system specs? Does it do this if you convert to WAV and then to FLAC?

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by svarreby
            What I meen is that many tracks got a "cut/bump" (sometimes several cuts) in them, for maybe a second (Like a cut on a vinyl disc) and then the music continues ...
            Oh, OK, you mean crackles and pops. Is the cd copy-protected in any way?
            If the same happens as you rip to other formats then it must be that.

If cd or track copy protection is the problem, try disabling Table of contents detection. Or hold down the shift key as you insert the cd. Or try rippping the tracks by using WIndows Explorer, navigating to the cd drive and selecting the tracks as if they were any ordinary files and right click > Convert to which starts dMC alone (not dMC Audio CD Input). There will be no freedb track recognition, but you may be able to bypass copy protection of the tracks in that way.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It will be issues with the CD drive, if you can switch on 'Rip 2 Ram'
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>