title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Hallo, please help me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDF17
    • Aug 2005

Hallo, please help me!!!!

I have a file called g726 how can I convert it in to mp3?
    Please help me.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Hallo, please help me!!!!

If your file is in g726 format, I don't believe you can convert it directly with dBpowerAMP Music Converter as dMC does not have a g726 converter codec.

If this is a cell phone file, do you have software that came with your phone that allows you to convert music to your cell phone? Will that program allow you to convert files from you cell phone back to mp3 or wave or mopre standard audio format?

Can you play this file on your computer?
    If so, you should be able to record this file as it plays on your soundcard. For directions on how to do this see this FAQ item from Christina here:
    dMC Auxiliary Input is used to record audio to your hard drive from what is being played through your soundcard. Applications include transferring cassettes or vinyl to your pc for further processing and perhaps for burning to audio cd, capturing streaming audio which cannot be downloaded and converting the audio from

If you can play this file on WinAmp and you can locate the WinAmp plug-in that plays this, you might be able to use dMC's WinAmp Plug-In Input Decoder from Codec Central. I don't use WinAmp much and I cannot tell you whether there is or is not a WinAmp plug-in for g726.

A little research did indicate several programs that claim to be able to convert to/from g726. I cannot vouch for any of them. None of these are free but all seem to have demo versions (I am not aware of the limitations of the demo versions either). Anyway, the programs I was able to locate and download sites for each are:

Audio Converter and Ripper

Complete Audio Converter Lite

AudioCommander/AMR Converter Pro
    Fast and easy to use AMR converter software supports two-way conversion among AMR and MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AU, VOX, GSM, A-LAW, u-LAW, MP2, MPC, and many more audio formats.

and http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/S...3_decoder.html
    has links for a few programs including OSS Audio Converter and Audio Converter Pro that handle g726.

If other users can furnish recommendations either about specific programs or about any WinAmp plug-in, these would be welcome.

Please let us know about how your own experience turns out.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Wow, that was a lot of BBCode to type up, xoas!

The other alternative you have is to use Auxiliary Input after getting the required codecs to playback the file.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Neil , you just repeated what Bill said!

Comment

Working...

]]>