title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

saac to mp3 possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HawkDriver
    • Aug 2005

saac to mp3 possible?

I use a panasonic camera that plays mp3 and its own format-.saac. I haven't been able to get the aac codec to convert it to mp3. I get 'codec required...could not be opened'. Anyone ideas? tia
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: saac to mp3 possible?

You do not mention what model Panasonic camera you are describing. I would strongly suggest that you check the Owner's manual or check out the Panasonic website.

What I did find for some of their SD model vdeo/digital camera/audio players id that they use proprietary software (SD Jukebox) and that the music you record is copy protected. A quato from the manual describing the version of SD Jukebox for the SV-AV30 and SV=AV20 models reads:
    SD-Jukebox, in accordance with the requirements of Secure Digital Music Initiative SDMI), incorporates the watermark-based copyright protection technology for the purpose of protecting the copyright, aiming at the growth of the music culture, and protecting the rights of purchasers.
    The following restrictions are therefore applied:
    SD-Jukebox watermarks the music data and records the data on a hard disk. The
    watermarked music data cannot be moved or copied into another folder, drive or the
    other personal computers for use.
    The information intrinsic to the processor and hard disk of your personal computer is
    used for watermarking. Therefore, if the processor or the hard disk is changed, the
    music data stored before the change cannot be used.
    Tracks on an SD Memory Card cannot be played back on a personal computer.
    SD-Jukebox cannot play or record music CDs that do not have a mark on the disc
    label.
    This can be found here: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...n/pa045r01.pdf

I believe your only option may well be to rerecord these tracks using dB Auxilary Input. If you need instructions on how to do this, please check the FAQ portion of the dBpowerAMP Music Converter forum site.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>