title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

After trying this soft, I have no sound at all!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovituarios
    • Aug 2005

After trying this soft, I have no sound at all!!!!

Ok, I installed dbpowerAMP trial version. I converted about a dozen of wav files to mp3. After doing this, i tried to play them in MusicMatch and, although the file was running, I coludn't hear a thing. I thought maybe the conversion hasn't worked. So i tried to convert files again...same problem...no sound. After that, I open other mp3 files from my collection and I have no sound at all. All files run, but i have no sound. I've played videos, songs and even games and I have no sound. I've never had this kind of trouble before and it all started after i installed your software. Please help me, i work with audio files all the time and I can't believe this is happening.
    I tried unistalling dbpowerAMP and i still have the same problem.

Cheers
    Ovi
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: After trying this soft, I have no sound at all!!!!

I don't know why dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) should have this effect upon your system's entire sound system.

I assume you might have checked your sound card settings to make sure that you haven't somehow turned off your soundcard's wave output or muted your volume. (If you haven't checked this already, you might try this first). And, just to be on the safe side, double-check to make sure your speakers are connected to your system.

I assume that you have not reinstalled dMC. Did you uninstall through the control panel (Add/Remove Programs)? If not, do so now and if dBpowerAMP Music Converter is still listed as being installed uninstall it through Add/Delete Programs.
    Now, if you browse your hard drive's Program Files folder do you still see a folder for Illustrate? If so, send it to the recycle bin.
    Now go Start>Run and type in regedit. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and go to Software and find the Illustrate folder. Delete this folder and exit. Now, shut down and restart your computer. This procedure should thoroughly remove dMC from your computer. You can confirm this by checking the registry to make sure the Illustrate folder is gone, and by browsing your Program Files folder to make sure that the Illustrate folder is still gone.

If you have followed these procedures and dMC is still hanging around, I would ask if you happened to install dMC with administrative priviledges on your computer. If you did not, removing dMC may be a bit harder, but let us know that that is the case and we'll see what we can do.

Anyway, if my previous suggestions do not help, please tell us about your operating system (e.g., what version of WIndows are you using?) and your computer. If you are running an older OS (Windows 95 or 98), did you install the system updates (available here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/Windows95-Update.htm )?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: After trying this soft, I have no sound at all!!!!

>should have this effect upon your system's entire sound system.

It hasn't, it is entirely in-consequential (ie I think you would have lost sound if you had not touched dbpoweramp), check the speaker connection wire.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>