title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting From .aa to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fwebb
    • Aug 2005

Converting From .aa to MP3

I've downloaded the registered version of dbPowerAMP along with the correct DirectShow codec and LAME codec along with a few others. The only problem I am having is that when I convert the .aa to anything else, MP3 or wav or anything I only get the last 17 to 22 seconds of the .aa file, and nothing else. What can be the problem?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Converting From .aa to MP3

What is the frequency and channels of your .aa files?

Comment

• fwebb
      • Aug 2005

The BitRate is 32kbps the sample rate is 22050 kHz and the channel is Mono. PS I've even tried doing it with Goldwave, which alway's worked in the past but now when it seems to be done with importing it exits without even a log to show what happened.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Can you play your .aa file?
        Try converting to a 22050Hz WAV file, then a stereo 22050Hz WAV file, then a stereo 44100Hz WAV file then to your mp3.
        Also, try downloading the latest dMC beta. Its a little less particular about what files it converts to mp3.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try playing the aa file in windows media player.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• fwebb
            • Aug 2005

I will try the beta version and yes I can play the .aa file with out any problem. It seems that with the newer multi file .aa audiobooks that they are coming out with, that they have done something to make it a whole lot harder to convert them.

Comment

• imemine
              • Aug 2005

when you retrieve the aa file watch for the playlist.asp file to pop up in the audable program directory under admin. Delete it. It will keep making that file until you are in the converting process. deleting this stops the program from marking your spot in the aa file.

write me off list if you don't understand what I wrote.

M

Comment

• fwebb
                • Aug 2005

Thank you all for the information you gave. I've solved the problem though. What it was that I had all 3 aa files in the same directory when trying to convert them. What had to be done is to separate those files so that when converting the 2nd file it did not look for the first, which is what was happening, and getting part of the first conversion into the second. Also, after separating the files. DBPowerAMP didn't get confused and thus give me either a really messed up conversion or just a few seconds of it. Thanks for the information, it is helpful.

Comment

• dallen
                  • Nov 2005

I have been on a quest to convert .aa to mp3 and a post on afterdawn.com lead me to you.

I have read all the information in the previous post on this forum string and I am still not able to properly convert .aa to mp3.

I am attempting to convert Memoirs of a Geisha which comes in 3 differect .aa files all of which are about 5-6hrs long. The DB software does converts them, but they start somewhere in the middle. Best I can tell the converted .mp3 for part 1 start some where about 1hr15min of the .aa original.

I have tried all sorts of different setting in the DB software, as well as deleting the .aa files and re-downloading, and putting them in sperate folders.

Nothing is working. Any other ideas? :cry:

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

See:

Description Audible Inc. issued a DMCA Cease & Desist (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12620) notice against this very forum thread. This thread contained pinned messages from dBpoweramp&*blooper*8217;s forum, from independent people, these messages were in effect Audible's own customers. The thread
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>