title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

GetPopupInfo hangs and crashes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickdog
    • Aug 2005

GetPopupInfo hangs and crashes.

All of a sudden I'm having GetPopupInfo problems. I wondered why I couldn't delete some mp3's and my system was running so slow. Process Explorer showed 4 C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\GetPopupInfo.exe's each using about 25% of my 3Ghz processor. I killed them and the mp3's were released. Then when GetPopupInfo started when I moused over a .flac file, it crashed.
    error file
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: GetPopupInfo hangs and crashes.

What version of dMC do you have installed? Your problem could be caused by a problem with the flac file. Does it play okay?

If you haven't installed the latest beta version (which is a very stable product IMHO) give it a try.

Wayne

Comment

• cyberpro60
      • Aug 2005

I am having exactly the same problem. I noticed that I couldn't move or delete an mp3 file [because it was "locked" by another user or process] and afterwards that my system started running like a dog.

I ran a File Monitoring program and discovered that getpopupinfo was loading and runnning literally thousands of times every minute chewing up most of my system resources. With popupinfo running like this it is impossible to delete/rename/move a file because you are locked out of any action at all. You cannot even delete the file in "safe" mode either.

Most likely this results from some form of corruption in a specific mp3 file however getpopupinfo seems also to be at fault in that apparently it can't handle corrupt files properly. Surely it would be possible to flag a file as "defective" after 3 unsuccessful attempts to read the info and to cease all further attempts?

In any event this is an extremely serious program problem that needs to be addressed and fast because of the implications to the operation of a pc overall.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try running the latest dMC beta, its a little more accepting of mp3s. Yes, as Wayne said above, its stable. Beta just means Spoon doesn't feel its worthy of a full release yet, whether he is wanting to add more features, fix more bugs, or just needs to update the help files.

Comment

Working...

]]>