title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

THIS ERROR MSG for Music Conv. NOT addressed.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnyincentx
    • Aug 2005

THIS ERROR MSG for Music Conv. NOT addressed.

and it won't let me convert any files using this software. I'm pissed, I actually paid for this software, and now it starts to malfunction. Just when it was imperative that I get someone some song tracks of something I was writing! :vmad:

Error whilst running DSP effect, lack of disk space?

I checked your help. It said nothing. The only suggestion close to this was to change the bitrate or frequency. I did, it did nothing to fix the problem.

I deleted all the files in my temp folder thinking it was referring to a space limit in the temp folder, didn't help.

I have 15 gigs of free space on my hard drive. So I do not lack disc space.

I installed an older version of lame, didn't fix the problem.

I'd really appreciate an answer, quick. Thanks.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: THIS ERROR MSG for Music Conv. NOT addressed.

What program are you dealing with?
    dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) or dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW)?

What type of file(s) are you converting (format, channels, bitrate, frequency)?
    What DSP's are you trying to run?
    What are you trying to convert to (format, bitrate, frequency, channels)?

Need specifics.
    FYI, the lack of disk space message is misleading (as you already know).

If your conversion involves changing frequencies, try enabling Professional Frequency Conversion (set in dMC Configuration; go Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration).

If your conversion involves changing formats (say Flac to mp3) it sometimes helps to break the conversion into smaller steps, usually source format (Flac in the example) to wave and wave to output format (mp3 in the example).

You may have tried the conversion without the DSP effect. It would be helpful to know if you have tried that and if you still get the error message.

If the conversion crashes without the DSP effect and if you cannot convert the source file to wave, then it would be helpful to try a test conversion (select one of your source files in dMC and where you would specify your output format choose Test Conversion, No Write). Does the file test convert?

The other drastic measure that would fix things if you are certain the program was able to do the conversion in the past is to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of dMC and the codec(s) involved. Uninstall, delete the Illustrate folder in your registery, restart the computer, and reinstall dMC and your codecs. Refer to the sticky message from Razgo on Uninstalling Issues in the Support Section of the dMC forum here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Finally, the other simple thing that you can do is to install the latest beta version of dMC from the Beta section of this Forum (unless you are already using it).

Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; August 12, 2005, 10:15 AM. Reason: Add Link, spelling

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: THIS ERROR MSG for Music Conv. NOT addressed.

Turn off volume normalize.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>