title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can dmc convert from 6ch AC3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgbuzzz

• Aug 2005

Can dmc convert from 6ch AC3?

Hello and thanks in advance for any help!

I have a ton of concert DVD's and I've been extacting audio from them. I use dvd decrypter to extract the AC3. I use (registered) dmc and dbpa cd writer to go directly to file or cd. Works awesome untill you toss the 6ch AC3 into the mix. I have to use another utility (RiverPast Audio Converter) to go from 6ch AC3 to WMA and then I can use dmc and dbpa cd writer. Wicked slow on my winme 900ish or so.

I tried the 11.5 beta dmc and dl'd just about every freaking AC3 codec on the planet. Home sick today :smile2:

KGB
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: Can dmc convert from 6ch AC3?

Did you install the DirectShow Decoder codec and then follow these instructions:
    AC3: Download from http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/ [Direct Download] add .ac3 to Configure DirectShow Decoder
    ?
    Then, try converting to a 6 channel WAV, then to a 2-channel WAV, then to your CD.

Comment

• kgbuzzz

• Aug 2005

Yes. That is what I did. Not sure if I tried converting the 6ch AC3 to a WAV using dmc. I tried mp3 and wma with no luck. I was somewhat trying to stay away from the WAV format because in several of the test conversions I had done (using the River Past tool) going from AC3 to WAV I would end up converting a 25,000KB AC3 to a 130KB WAV and I assumed I would have quite a bit of loss.

Thanks

Comment

• kgbuzzz

• Aug 2005

Originally posted by LtData
        Did you install the DirectShow Decoder codec and then follow these instructions:
        ?
        Then, try converting to a 6 channel WAV, then to a 2-channel WAV, then to your CD.
        I tried your suggestion. Same problem converting 6ch AC3 to any format using dmc (mp3, wma, wav 6ch, wav 2ch). The resulting 1K file is of length 0.00.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try a different ac3 file.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kgbuzzz

• Aug 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
            Try a different ac3 file.
            Sorry Spoon. Don't really understand your suggestion. To recap, 2ch AC3 works great with dmc. 6ch AC3 conversion ends up a a zero length file in any format I try to go to. Tested it on many 6ch AC3.

Looking over the work I've done, I *may* have had some success converting the 6ch AC3 on my XP laptop. I will retest and post results.

Comment

• MEmerton

• Dec 2004

I suggest using:

I used this to extract to Multi Channel Ogg...you can also use this to extract to other formats, as well as stereo down mixing

Comment

Working...

]]>