title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I filter out pops/clicks from scratched (but playable) CD's?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kentwms
    • Aug 2005

Can I filter out pops/clicks from scratched (but playable) CD's?

Is there any way to filter out pops/clicks from scratched (but playable) CD's when copying/converting a file?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can I filter out pops/clicks from scratched (but playable) CD's?

Best is to rip to wave and use a wave editor such as Audacity (which is free). You can use preset filters or do major surgery if you have the time and willingness. Then you can convert the modified wave files to some other format. This should result in some improvement but is unlikely to to fully remove all the extraneous noise.

There may be other products out as well which other users might want to recommend.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• GSV3MiaC
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2005

Re: Can I filter out pops/clicks from scratched (but playable) CD's?

'Depopper' (google for it .. droid informatica) works well on vinyl pops/clicks etc. if you have the time & energy to try the various options. 30 days free trial iirc. Be warned it chews massive amounts of CPU time - run it overnight!

Google will also find you some others, but if you have a lot of tracks you really want something automated .. I've cleaned LPs up by hand (for really good friends!) and it's seriously hard work using something like Acoustica.

Not sure what a 'bad CD' click/pop looks like waveform-wise - I've not actually got any CDs in that bad a state (they do, after all, have quite a bit of error recovery built in).
      Last edited by GSV3MiaC; August 06, 2005, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>