title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nov04 dbPowerAmp = 26% as fast as previous version on identical system

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeorgeButel
    • Aug 2005

Re: Nov04 dbPowerAmp = 26% as fast as previous version on identical system

The problem turns out to be the encoder. I reverted to the older dB, then switched the new lame_enc.dll 3.96 for the 3.92 that was in C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Compression\Lame\. dB then slowed down to the same rate as v11. The curious thing is that when I take Steinberg's myMP3 pro with a 3.92 Lame and switch the dlls the same way (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\myMP3 PRO 4.0\), there is no appreciable drop in speed. I prefer dB, but I am having to use the older Lame (Steinberg is awkward and uses more system resources).

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I assume that when you did the total uninstall/reinstall process, you downloaded a new copy of the new dMC install?

Comment

• robo2420
        • Oct 2005

i did not get to delete anything i just tried to follow the instructions and it did not work

Comment

• GeorgeButel
          • Aug 2005

Yes, I dl the lasted most updated version of dB, and in fact I have just performed my annual reinstall of Windows and reinstalled this newest db on a clean Windows with the same excruciatingly slow speed, and, again, I have been forced to revert to v 9. Is there a link to the v10 somewhere so I could try it? Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>