title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converter not working!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanielaB
    • Aug 2005

converter not working!

I used the converter once successfully and now it won't work anymore. When I click on convert the Microsoft error window comes up and says.." Music converter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Is there anything I could do? Why did it work once and now never? :vmad:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: converter not working!

First, what OS. Second, what version of dMC? Third, did you try the latest dMC Beta below? Does it do this will any file, or just a select few? What is the specs of your source and desired output files? When does it crash, after you select the output format, or when it first launches?

Comment

• Ogalala
      • Jul 2005

I also have this problem. I am using Windows XP. It worked fine in August when I ripped about 8 cds to FLAC. After encountering the problem I uninstalled and reinstallled the latest release 11 on 25 Sept. I was able to rip a couple of CDs normally and now I get the same error msg. after ripping about 4 tracks.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Ogalala-
        It would be worthwhile to know if you get this message if test convert/rip a cd. This is done by selecting Test Conversion (No Write) for your output format instaed of Flac.
        It would be worthwhile to know whether you encounter the same problem ripping to wave and then converting the wave files to flac.
        You might try turning off the option to write Id tags (a problem has been identified with Flac Id tags).
        If you cannot even test convert from cd or if you cannot convert to wave then you might want to try the complete uninstall/reinstall described here in the FAQ:
        http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828 .

Keep us posted on how you make out.
        Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Also, try the latest dMC beta linked to below. It solves many bugs with r11 and improves some functions.

Comment

• Ogalala
            • Jul 2005

I will pursue the above suggestions. Interestingly my two most recent attempts to rip a cd under the same circumstances except I tried my other CD drive yield the following error just when at the completion of converting all the files on the CD. I have yet to tryit again on the cd/dvd drive I originally used

MusicConverter.exe-Application Error
            The instruction at "0x77f51f2c" reference memory at "0x00000000" could not be "written". Click OK to terminate the program

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Ahh, your ripping to FLAC? Uncheck "Preserve ID Tags" by right-clicking on the "Rip" button and then unchecking it there. Can you rip it correctly now?
              There is a problem with the FLAC codec and writing tags, a rewrite is almost finished.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It is, progressing well - few more days and there will be a beta update to flac.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ogalala
                  • Jul 2005

Thanks for the help.
                  I have downloaded the newest version dMC-r11.5 and the latest FLAC codecs.
                  It still crached until I unchecked "Preserve ID Tags". Then it worked fine. I am a little disturbed by loosing ID tags.
                  Would you suggsest another lossless compression format which may preserve this info. I wish to digitize my 600 cd collection in an efficient archival manner.

Comment

• dcoberlin
                    • Oct 2005

I am also seeking the best lossless format to preserve my CDs. Which is better Monkey or FLAC?

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

All Lossless formats are equal in quality, its just a matter of support or better compression. Right now, FLAC has support in one or two portable players, so that's a moot point. You can get plugins for most popular software audio players.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

...just finalizing tag writing (ID3v1 + ID3v2 + APE2 read/write code have been all been updated, in preperation for Unicode, FLAC vorbis writing just needs finishing, vorbis reading is working perfectly).
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dcoberlin
                          • Oct 2005

When will the revised FLAC codecs permit ID tag preservation?
                          Would you recomend waiting or starting with Monkey Audion or other lossless compression type in the interim?
                          Thanks
                          dco

Comment

Working...

]]>