title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I get this codec for MP3 to play?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azki
    • Aug 2005

How do I get this codec for MP3 to play?

I have this WMA file but it's saved as a playlist. I tried saving it as MP3 but it tells me it doesn't have the codec required to play it when I try to listen to it.

Is there anything I can do about this? What codec do I need?
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: How do I get this codec for MP3 to play?

What do you mean it's saved as a playlist? What suffix does it have?

dMC can not convert playlists only the media files themselves. If the file consists of a link to the real music file somewhere on the internet you will need to examine the file and download the file manually.

Wayne

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

What size is this file? If it is only a few KB, it is just a playlist file. Try opening the file in Notepad and see what file it links you to.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

To play or convert a .wma file you will need to have installed the .wma codec from Codec Central.

However, Wayne is right to point out that a playlist file does not actually contain the actual music, it is merely a referencing of where to find and in what order to play a set of music files. One implication of this is that a copy of the playlist file will not get you the music. You have to have the actual music files.

Before I would download the wma codec (if it is not already installed), I would see if you can play this file through Indow Media Player. First try it offline. Then connect to the internet and try it on-line. If that does not work, you can try to open the playlist file in WIndows Notepad to rerence the actual music files and then search to see if you, in fact, have that/those files on your computer or not.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Playlist files can't be converted....You need to find the actual audio file.

Comment

Working...

]]>