title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

sample rates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon q
    • Aug 2005

sample rates

so i ripped a bunch of cd's, but i didnt realize that i had the sample rate set to 48000. now the songs sound all tinny and weird, especially high vocals. is there a way i can convert them back to 41000 and make them sound normal again? or do i have to re-rip them all?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: sample rates

If you wanted, you could experiment with reconverting a track or two. Try converting them to 16 bit 2 channel wav at 44.1 kHz. You might try enabling Professional Frequency conversion (through your dMC Configuration Window, Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration). This feature is designed to minimize problems and maximize quality when you are doing a conversion between different frequencies. Your idea will work if your sound problems are coming from your player having trouble handling a 48 kHz file.

If, however, the problem is in the file itself, you will have to rerip your cds from scratch.

I'd be interested in knowing how this comes out.
    Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; August 03, 2005, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• jon q
      • Aug 2005

hey thanks i'll give it a try. i ripped my cds accidentally to mp3's at 48000 hz, now when i play them in winamp or on my mp3 player they sound weird. not really noticeable except high vocals can turn out pretty bad.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You are best to rerip.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>