title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC to MP3 Problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffs1122
    • Jul 2005

FLAC to MP3 Problems

I installed the codec in C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP where i installed the entire program. Was this wrong? Because when I try to convert FLAC to MP3 it will go through the conversion window really fast and then say Errors Whilst Converting. It will list all the files saying: The CODEC required to decompress "file x" could not be opened.

What's the deal?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: FLAC to MP3 Problems

Are you running a trial version? It expires after 30 days from the initial installaiton and then you cannot encode to mp3 until you install the registered version.

The location is correct. I assume you have installed the flac codec as well.

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Try downloading the latest dMC beta linked below. Do your FLAC files happen to be 24-bit? The r11 mp3 encoder doesn't like 24-bit files.

Also, try running a "Test Convert (no write)" on your FLAC file. Just normally try to convert your file, but select "Test Convert (no write)" as the codec. If it still errors out, dMC can't decode your FLAC file for some reason.

Comment

• jeffs1122
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by LtData
        Try downloading the latest dMC beta linked below. Do your FLAC files happen to be 24-bit? The r11 mp3 encoder doesn't like 24-bit files.

Also, try running a "Test Convert (no write)" on your FLAC file. Just normally try to convert your file, but select "Test Convert (no write)" as the codec. If it still errors out, dMC can't decode your FLAC file for some reason.
        How can I tell if they are 24-bit?

I tried a test convert and it said the exact same thing as when I tried to convert. :thumbdown

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Did you install the FLAC codec?

You can tell the spacs of your file when you hover over the file name and you get the pop-up info.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Where did this FLAC file come from? Can you play it in any media players?

Comment

Working...

]]>