title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Any Way Of Converting Winamp Media File to MP3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesbevis2
    • Mar 2005

:D Thanks for any help!
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Any Way Of Converting Winamp Media File to MP3?

Winamp Media File?
    Do you mean Windows Media file?
    A Windows Media File (.wma), if it is not encrypted, can be converted assuming you have correctly downloaded and installed the Windows Media codec from Codec Central (tab on top of the page, follow directions closely). If the file is an encrypted Windows Media file your only bet is to re-record the audio from your sound card as you play it. There are instructions for this in the FAQ forum for dMC.

Last I knew, Winamp did not have its own format. So if you are talking about a file you play with Winamp, could you please tell us what format it is in?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• NoOne
      • Jul 2005

When you install Winamp, it likes to label all media files (mp3, wav, avi, mpg, etc.) as a Winamp Media File. Look at the extension (the 3-4 letters after the period (.) in the file name) to find out exactly what media file it is.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

See here if you cannot see file extensions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361

Comment

• neilthecellist
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2004

Here's good advice:

When you encounter a problem in Windows that you're suddenly stumped by, experiment. Experminentation can include uninstalling programs, installing programs, and most importantly, screwing around with Windows settings. For example, in my case, that is how I learned about Windows not showing up any extensions like .mp3, .ogg, or .mpg . It's also how I learned about hidden files and showing critical Windows files in the C:/Windows/System32 directory.

Comment

Working...

]]>