title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't Edit ID Tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Can't Edit ID Tags

I am using Windows XP.

I have converted files without problems, however I am unable to Edit ID Tags when right clicking a file after installing Power Pack.

The file blinks as if it is updating after I press OK, but no changes occur. I was starting to really like this program and considering purchase, but I will definately need to be able to Edit ID Tags.

Can anyone point out what I might be missing?

Thanks...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

On what file types?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

FWIW, on my Windows XP machine I can edit ID tags outside of My Music Collection (MMC).
      However, if I reference the pop-up information on the file, the relevent information that is edited happens to be listed on the bottom of the pop-up info. box. If you look only at the information at the top of the pop-up box, it would be easy (but wrong) to conclude that the ID tag information had not been edited when (in fact) it has been. This can be confirmed by referencing the id tag information stored in MMC.
      When I am not paying attention, I can also be mislead by the differencing between changing the ID tag information and changing the file name. One operation does not really affect the other.
      I only offer this in case this either of these could be the apparent source of your problem.
      best wishes,
      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>