title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

convert wma in to wave files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marielouise
    • Jul 2005

convert wma in to wave files

how can i convert wma.files in to wave so i can burn an audio-cd. i am not really a computer whizard so i really need some help please :komisch9:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: convert wma in to wave files

First, of course, download and install dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC). I recommend getting the latest beta linked to below, as it includes numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
    If you are using Windows XP, go to the Codec Central link at the top of this page, then click onto "Windows Media Audio" and download the WMA 9.1 Codec.
    If you are not using Windows XP, go to Codec Central but download the "Windows Media Audio v9" codec and the system codecs. Install the system codecs, the dMC Codec, and then reboot.
    Install the codec, then use dMC to convert your files, either by launching dMC and selecting them or right-clicking and going to Convert To. You will then select "Wave" from the drop-down list. Set it to 16-bit, 2 channel, 44100Hz frequency.

To burn an audio CD, you can use either the dBpowerAMP CD Writer or another audio CD burning program.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

A note. If you will be using dBpoerAMP CD Writer (dCW) you don't need to convert your wma files to wav format preior to buring, sicne teh conversion will be done by dCW (as long as you have select Audio CD as what you want to make).

It may not save much time overall, maybe none at all, but it saves having to wait around to perform a second step.

Comment

• marielouise
        • Jul 2005

Thank you very much for explaining everything. I just tried it and it worked.

:smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>